Thursday, November 23, 2006

Tofurkey Day Update!

Hello friends and family, Silas T. Hickox here to update you on my life as a baby for the past two weeks.

One thing that happened is that Mama and Dad took me to see the funny man with the mustache who always pokes stuff in my ears and looks inside my diaper - oh, and he makes those mean ladies poke me in the thighs with sharp sticks that make me cry! But never too long, because I'm a Big Boy. Anyway, he told Mama and Dad that I weigh 17 lbs 7 oz and am 26 inches long. Woo boy, did I say I was a big boy or what?!? I am in the 75th percentile for both height and weight (whatever the heck that means).

Here's me looking big and strong!
Since I'm such a big boy now, I'm learning to sit up all by myself. It is so cool!

It's getting cold here in Michigan, so Mama and Dad decided I needed warm furry things to keep me from being cold when we go outside. Why oh why do they confuse me with a little bear? Please, if you know, write in and tell me. Because right now I just think Mama and Dad are extremely, um, "special" if you know what I mean.


Dad, all I need is a ride in your coat! Duh!
I almost forgot, today is Tofurkey Day! Mama and Dad and I don't eat turkeys, we adopt them, apparently. We picked out this Turkey, Hildy, and sponsored her through Adopt-A-Turkey. Isn't she cute?
Mama also let me play with my new favorite toy, the whisk, between gravy stirrings. Yum!
Mama and Dad and I were busy in the kitchen all morning, making Tofurkey, mashed potatoes, cornbread stuffing, cran-orange relish, "crapple" (seriously, people, they eat weird things), green beans, rosemary-potato rolls (that looked like piles of dog doo but supposedly were tasty) and mushroom gravy. I can't wait until I'm allowed to eat real food!

Mama also made this Pumpkin-Tofu Cheesecake (with no cheese) that looked really good too. Big people get all the good stuff!
I tried to use my mind control powers on them to give me some, but it didn't work out. Yet.
Dad tried to explain that one day I'll only eat big people food and won't eat Mama's milk anymore. I was like, "Yeah, that's a pretty funny story Dad! If that is your real name..."

All that work in the kitchen stirring gravy and all I got was this lousy rattle to chew on.

Well, Mama did offer me some milk as a consolation prize. It was quite a good vintage!
And with that, I will remain until next time, your humble adorable baby,
Silas T. Hickox

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahahaha = [Dad tried to explain that one day I'll only eat big people food and won't eat Mama's milk anymore. I was like, "Yeah, that's a pretty funny story Dad! If that is your real name..."]

I love hearing from Silas. Fun blog.

Anonymous said...

looks like you had a great thanksgiving! i just love your blue snowsuit, silas. where'd your mom and dad get it? i want one too!
your friend, quinn (mr_squeaks from livejournal)

Chessa said...

Mr. Squeaks - we found our blue snowsuit at Burlington Coat Factory/Baby Depot. The only problem is I suffer from Christmas-Story-Syndrome when I wear it - aka "I can't put my arms down!!" So I try not to wear it too often, even though mama swoons when I do. ;)